- The most hardy of all Bananas!! Can go down to -20 if mulched properly!
- Please note: Our shipping occurs only one time for up to 5 items, so please check out all our plants and bulbs to make the most of your shipping dollar
- Can get up to 18 feet tall, rapid growth in hot weather
- Cannot ship to California. DO NOT ORDER IN EXTREME HOT OR COLD– THEY DO NOT SHIP WELL THAT WAY
- Full Sun. Bananas are not edible, merely for looks!
Details: Musa Basjoo is cold hardy to -20 degrees when mulched properly. Musa Basjoo is the hardiest of all bananas. In warm weather months it can grow up to 2 feet in a week. Its mature height is 18′. It can flower and bear fruits at 10′ or whenever it has 35 leaves. The bananas are not edible. This handsome broad leaved variety can be grown in almost every state since it can handle temperatures of 15 to 20 degrees Fahrenheit if the ground is mulched properly in the very cold months. At 40 degrees it will stop actively growing and at 28 degrees the leaves will die back and the tree can be cut back to a 2′ or 3′ height. It will grow back rapidly as the warmer season approaches. And keep growing and growing……until the frost hits!!
There are no reviews yet.